Customer Service Officer
Sharp Airlines provides an essential and important air service to the communities of King and Flinders Island on a daily basis. Our employees play an important role in delivering unique and high-quality service to the Island travellers, to the extent that we consider ourselves to be part of those communities.
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably experienced people seeking flexible casual employment to be part of the team at our Launceston Airport Passenger and Freight facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To be considered, suitably qualified candidates will be required to:
- Embrace and pro-actively practice the company’s Core Values and adhere to the company’s Code of Conduct
- Provide excellence and exceptional customer service in every aspect of dealing with our customers at check-in
- Assist with reservations when required, by answering overflow incoming calls to Sharp Airlines call centre
- Provide an enthusiastic and positive high level of service in the receipt and consigning of freight from freight forwarders to the Islands
- Provide a high level of accuracy in the preparation of passenger manifests, flight documentation, and accounting documentation for customers externally and internally
- Be responsible for keeping the work and passenger environment in a clean and safe condition at all times
- Liaise with disrupted passengers when delays occur
- Perform duties in a safe and healthy manner, in line with OHS & Airline Safety Regulations, and as instructed by the GM Safety/Quality Assurance
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, the Customer Service Officer must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Extensive experience in an office environment in a customer service/administrative role with proven abilities to perform in a dynamic and changing work environment
- Computer literacy, including accurate word processing plus spreadsheet and database skills. Knowledge of the internet and emailing is essential
- Highly developed customer relations and interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Good level of written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Flexibility and willingness to undertake a wide variety of tasks
- Ability to multi-task whilst maintaining the highest of standards
- Proven ability to work autonomously
Certificates, Licenses and Professional Accreditations
The Customer Service Officer should have:
- Australian Year 12 or equivalent minimum.
- Computer experience/knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Access and Adobe Acrobat
- Typing skills of 50 wpm minimum
- A current Senior First Aid certificate is preferred, but there are no specific licenses required to be held for this position
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Applications close Friday, 30 April 2020 at 5pm